Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Almost fell off my chair...

I opened my blog to see my previous post and started laughing..boy I really have high expectations of myself...I seriously don't know how these people do it - write a blog post everyday, twitter all day, WORK full time, be a good mom and wife...seriously I bet they don't ever "veg" out on the couch and watch nonsense TV!

Well I have been cooking good dinners for my family lately so I do earn a GOLD star for that...here is what we have been obsessed with ( and when I say "obsessed" I mean Mike can't get enough of it)...it is easy and cheap (the beef/chicken broth is the most expensive) and OH SO GOOD!!  French onion soup.  I made homemade croutons as my bread and just have them floating on top - and put Swiss cheese only on the bottom - infact we only had slices of Swiss, just folding them into pieces...YUM!!

Try it you will like it...

If your family is not the onion loving like mine - serve with Grilled Cheese...who doesn't love grilled cheese?

2 comments:

Shelley E said...

Finally, a new post! :)

I wonder if I could use just vegetable broth instead of the beef & chicken?? Do you cut the recipe or make the whole thing?

caroline o said...

Shelley - You could change the broth - it will only change the taste a bit - no I made the whole thing, we had it the next day too.