Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July - Family Tradition




We participate in my Grandma Lende's parade at the Groves in Irvine again this year. This has become a family tradition, although this year it was just the Wales and Oursler kids. We feel it is important to be there for my grandma and she can show off her great grandchildren a bit. The kids decorated their bikes and Charlie and Elizabeth rode in the Golf cart. Charlie was yelling "Happy 4th of July" the entire time.

They had a great time and thought it was very cool to be in a parade, no matter how small it was. I think my Grandma enjoyed having us there, this is a big party at the Groves and I'm sur it makes her miss my grandpa even more. Brian (my brother) and my Dad came to watch too.
We then went home and the family took a nap, and I prepared all the food and cooler to go to Cami's for a pool party. I didn't bring my camera in.... oops! It was just 4 families but very fun. We all swam and the kids did water balloon toss and bubble gum blowing contest - with prizes!!
We also made homemade ice cream -YUM. You had to crank it or as Cami said "no turny, no treaty". The kids thought it was so awesome that you can pour a milk mixture into the container and add ice, rock salt, and put some muscle into it - out comes ice cream. It is a great science experiment for the kids.
Dinner was delicious and I think I gained 10 pounds. I made strawberry vodka and then mixed with lemonade - I just could not drink beer all afternoon...but Mike did! I drove us home around 10pm and the Esterholt's spent the night but they got up at 6:30am to drive home. My kids were sad they were gone when they woke up.
It was a great day- thanks Cami and Chris for hosting it!
xxox
caroline


No comments: