Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Camping, Coughing and Cold...





Memorial Weekend (okay I am behind...) we went camping to Stoddard Wells with the Esterholt family. We almost cancelled the trip because it was going to be way to hot??? It was so cold, and I coughed the whole weekend. Probably not the best move on my part because it sent my 6 week cold over the edge.


It was a nice change with just a small group, Soren and Jake had alot of one on one time and the girls pick up where they left off - we are so blessed. On Sunday we drove to a bar called "Slash X" - 6 miles one way- Soren rode all the way there on his bike. He fell only a few times, he has never been on a "real" ride before, just circles around camp, we were so proud of him. He tried on the way back but the first patch of soft sand he fell and he was done, we put his bike in the back of the polaris and he rode with me and Shelley.

The M family came out on Sunday as well and I think we got the kids "hooked" - I told K that we just cost him about $80,000 - it is only money.... B and K rode bikes all afternoon and we let B drive the polaris (he is 15, we are getting closer to our 16 and older rule...ya right). Next time they will have to stay overnight.

It was a great long relaxing weekend, even with my coughing and the cold weather. Our family loves to go camping and riding no matter the weather or illness.

Trying to get caught up on my blog.

xxox, cars

2 comments:

Shelley E said...

it was a great trip! I had so much fun!

christy p said...

My family LOVES to go to the desert and ride. Altho my kids are still on quads. I haven't been to Stoddard Wells...may have to try that one out!